Thursday, September 13, 2012

Real Food Festival

Last weekend we went to the Real Food Festival at Maleny. It was a great turn out - well supported by the locals I would have thought. We did see one other couple from CQ, so there were a few outsiders also. There were quite a lot of interesting talks - I went along to some, but soon discovered that I know a lot more about real food than a lot of people so didn't learn too much new. I did however, learn about photographing food - something I need to think about for my recipe book. It's a lot more complex than I thought, so I will have to find a more professional photographer than me! One thing that was a little dissapointing was the the ready to eat food stalls. Thre was a fairly strict requirement on local business for the trade displays, but only some of the food stalls had local produce - or at least advertised that they were local. They certainly weren't what I would call "real food". Oh well, my family always acuses me of being too fussy!

No comments:

Post a Comment