Saturday, June 27, 2015

Not Lasagne

I do promise to write about Peter Andrews, and I have started.....but I don't have photos because I took them on my camera and I can't find a usb cable....so, I will get it done eventually. So tonight is about our dinner again!

My family love Lasagne, however, Maitland should be gluten free and I didn't have any lasagne sheets anyway (nor did I have the inclination to make fresh pasta)! So using the same princples I made a mince and vegie bake. I originally thought I could call it paleosange, but I eat dairy and true paleo doesn't, so that wasn't going to work.

But think Lasagne and replace the sheets with vegies. I used dry roasted pumpkin slices (cut less than 1cm thick), fried eggplant, fried green paw paw (if you don't have a pawpaw tree, sub zucchini), and some comfrey (sub spinach or silverbeet). This was layered with a bolognaise mince and cheese sauce, and finished with grated cheese on top. It was pretty tasty, but a bit fiddly with all the bits, but once it's in the oven, you can do what I did, grab a beer and sit outside around the fire for a while.




No comments:

Post a Comment